Best incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crazy goat chix, Sep 24, 2011.

1. crazy goat chix

crazy goat chix New Egg

Aug 5, 2011
    Looking for a good incubator to raise my guineas. and other poultry. How do you know which ones are the best?[​IMG]

2. chickenman17

chickenman17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Southeast Oklahoma
    I use the Hova Bator Genesis 1588 bator. Honestly it's the best uncubator i've ever used! It has a pre-set automatic thermostat (stays at 99.5 all the time with no adjusting the thermoststat needed), its forced air, it has a large window for viewing, and it holds 48 eggs with the optional turner and even more without!

Here is the link to it on the mfg's website: https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=77

Here
    is the link to the same bator on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Genesis-Hova-Bator-Picture-Electonic-Incubator/dp/B001O4L9LK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316920181&sr=8-1

I
    don't know what temp guinea eggs incubate at so you might want to go for something else because if its not 100 its somewhat difficult to adjust the temp since its pre-set. But i guess you could get this just for hatching chickens or whatever. Good luck bator buying! [​IMG]

3. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    If you've got more $$$ to spend, have a look at the Brinseas. You can get them fully automatic - they regulate temp AND humidity for you!

4. Doggywide13

Doggywide13 New Egg

Jul 21, 2011
    Hello all, I started keeping hens this year and I love it, I want start incubating eggs. I'm looking for addicts advise, thinking of an incubator that will take about 20 eggs. The prices vary alot, is there a big difference between a rcom for about €300 and one that costs about €70 except the fact you have to turn the eggs yourself. Any other advice would be a great help. Thanks.

5. whistlinchicken

whistlinchicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    Northern KY
    This is what I use: Digital Sportsman Cabinet Incubator 1502
    by GQF Manufacturing ...

and have great hatch rates. I use their incubator and their hatcher both. And, I added the automatic water, 5 gallon bucket to it. Keeps perfect temp and humidity with no worries!

It's not the cheapest but it's not the most expensive either. Highly recommend! (from a chicken addict!)

6. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    The cabinet incubators are much better and much more expensive.

If you can find an old redwood incubator, those are the seriously excellent incubators. If you can find one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by