1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Best large incubator, let me know!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by randomchick, Jan 18, 2010.

1. randomchick

randomchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Prescott, Ontario
    I bought an octagon eco 20 and love it. There is only one problem with this incubator, it is too small for my needs. I did not realize how addicting this hatching thing would be. I would like any and all imput on which are the good big incubators.

2. randomchick

randomchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Prescott, Ontario
    anyone? someone's gotta have an opinion.

3. srhcth

srhcth Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2010
    Georgia
    I have a Dickey and a GQF - I like them both but I like the Dickey better.

4. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Define big LOL. The 50 egg or so styro bators are easy to come by and readily available. It seems that when you want to get larger than that the most readily available ones are in the range of 300 chicken eggs. Many of the cabinet incubators will have three racks that hold about 8 dozen eggs each.

If you go to both the Dicky and GQF sites you will find some cabinet incubators. If you watch Craig's list closely you can run into some good deals on incubators. My Dicky and my GQF came from Craigslist at very good prices.

Hope it helps

5. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    After my hatching got out of control, I put my two Little Giants and one Hovabator away and bought a GQF Sportsman. The auto-waterer bucket is a must-have item. I don't hatch 300 eggs at a time, but I do incubate chickens, ducks and quail at the same time and find it alot easier to stagger hatches. Also gives alot more room for the bigger chicks than the styrofoam incubators do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by