1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

*** Best Looking Cross Breed ***

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by doueik, Jul 17, 2010.

1. doueik

doueik In the Brooder

May 29, 2010
    Dearborn heights MI
    Hey i was looking into crossing some chicken breeds so lets have a little compotion for who has the best looking cross breed. tell us what you crossed add pics [​IMG]

2. thefishery

thefishery Songster

Oct 19, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Quote:What if you have a cross breed and don't know what it is? I have a beautiful roo that is who knows what. I guess that doesn't help you if you want to make one to match.

3. doueik

doueik In the Brooder

May 29, 2010
    Dearborn heights MI
    its ok wed love to see it.

4. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Songster

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    I hatched some Buff Orpington x Barred Rock chicks this spring. The pullets are beautiful! I've looked through hatchery catologs for something yellow/black, but all I could find were either banties or poor laying breeds (such as Buff Brahma and Sicilian Buttercup). But these should lay very well! The best part is they're even sex-links! Make sure to use a BO roo on BR hens, because if you do it vice versa they'll be barred-colored (and NOT sex-links)!

I just took these pics, they're three months old! (BTW, I have 15 of these. Their leg-coloring varies. Leg colors are: yellow, pink, blue slate, and willow green. I don't know why. [​IMG])

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Songster

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Am I the only one with some pretty crosses worthy of having their photos shown on BYC? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I KNOW there's others! Pleeeeeeaaase, I wanna see 'em too! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Critter Crazed

Critter Crazed Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead

Jun 22, 2009
    I have some 3 month old silkie x cochin crosses! [​IMG]
    Here they are as babies
    [​IMG]
    Here they are today. [​IMG] Super super soft feathers. Especially my Annabelle! The silkie cochin crosses are all the black/blue ones. Not the red and orange ones in the back!
    [​IMG]

And here's a little collage I made together of one of the roosters, Leroy! [​IMG] Of different ages, as you can see lol.
    [​IMG]

Editted to add more photos!
    They are soooo sweet as you can see in this picture, this is Drew, one of my two cockerals!
    [​IMG]

Again, all the black/blue ones. The other two are a brahma and a cochin. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  7. Here is a Silkie/EE cross... it will be interesting to see how she looks as she grows.

[​IMG]

The Angry Hen likes this.

8. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Here is my Blue Orp X Delaware cross that I just love. Her name is Blue Belle (or Belle for short). I think she is sooo pretty. She is 5 months old.

[​IMG]

The Angry Hen and KristyAnn like this.
  9. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Songster

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    all of these crosses are just beautiful.
    cattitude, will you keep us posted on that pretty little chickie?
    the silkie/cochins look so lovable and pettable.
    there must be more of these crosses around.
    buff/barred cross looks like another breed, but i cant think which one.
    just lovely.

thank you for posting these pics everyone.

beth

10. Mr Meatyboy Fancypants, Silkie dad and Rosecomb mom, now belongs to a good BYC member home:
    [​IMG]

and his sister Miss Fryer, Silkie dad and Rosecomb mom, turned out "blue" and lays a pink egg every day, also moved to a good BYC member home:
    [​IMG]

Both birds with sweet, calm dispositions, very good pet chickens who actively sought people for lap time and cuddling...but these birds were TOTAL mistakes! Now we know the golden rule: Thou Shall Collect Eggs Daily So The Hens Don't Hatch New Roosters!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by