Best Lunch EVER!

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Tiffrz-N-Kidz, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Tiffrz-N-Kidz

Tiffrz-N-Kidz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Aledo, TX
    Friday I roasted the last 2 of my homegrown birds, a capon and a red broiler. The first 3 were roasted right after butchering and were really really really good, but these 2 I had frozen. They had been thawing in the fridge for a couple of days and it was - you know - time to cook or potentially go to waste. So I roasted them up Friday and they've been sitting inthe fridge till today, when - again - it was use the meat or potentially waste it. So I pulled the meat off, diced it and made chicken tortilla wraps. No frills, just chicken, a little mayo and warmed tortillas.

BEST LUNCH EVER!!!

I was thinking the meat would lose a lot of flavor like storebought does, but it was amazing! The juice had made this delicious gravy-like aspicy stuff that I smooshed right in, and the meat reminded me of turkey it was so rich.

Y'all have been saying it over and over, but actually TASTING the difference has been life altering. Never again with the storebought stuff. I got into this because I was appalled by the cruelty those poor birds suffer, but I'm gonna stay for the flavor!

And thank you everyone here on BYC, y'all have been great!

2. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    alright!
    and I for one really enjoy having you on here [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by