Best Medication For Worming??

M.sue

Songster
12 Years
May 29, 2011
Michigan
I have been researching and have information overload. What is the best medication to use to worm chickens & is the most effective? I read there is one that hits all types of worms & is the most effective but can't remember the name. It had a broad spectrum coverage & was easy to use. Reason why I'm asking is that I have noticed blood (fresh & bright) on the shavings below the roost in the morning twice this week. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Valbazen.
Look in my signature line for a link regarding worming.
Thank you for replying and for the informative link. I took a fecal sample the vet and I'm just waiting on the results. I have not noticed any further blood since I placed the original post.They all are acting normal & are active. I'm beginning & hoping to think that maybe one of them shed a lining which to my understanding, after all the reading, is considered quiet normal . I also have gone over the poo chart several times and their poo appears normal and I haven't noticed any strong odors or any worms expelled.

My flock in which this post is in regards too turned a year old this past April. I'm a first time chicken owner but was raised being around them. The more I read about worming yearly makes sense although some of the reasons not to worm does also. I have never wormed just out of plain naivety but did have a fecal check of the flock last fall when I first learned and read about people's opinions on worming.

The more I read, learn and research this topic I have to say I'm leaning toward getting them on a yearly worming schedule. Yes, people worm other pets (dogs,cats, horses, etc.) yearly....why not our chickens.

Again thank you for your reply.

Back
Top Bottom