Best meter for LG still air incubator.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Teresaann24, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I have 2 springfields but they are not satisfying for me. They read off the wall temp and humidity trying to set up my incubator to run and i just dont trust them.

What is the best type of Temp and humidity reader I can buy at walmart. Thats not gonna cost me and arm and a leg.

2. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  3. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Anyone? Plz

4. needtohatch

needtohatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    Maybe I missed it, but did not see that that one reads humidity. Opps just saw you knew that already.
    I got the Acurite one at Walmart it is digital and reads temp and humidity. It was around $7. I did calibrate it and it is off by 10%. From what I have read it is a good idea to calibrate whatever one you end up getting.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  5. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I have the springfield one and am calabriting it right now. Been in there for an hour. How can you calabrate temp?

Also does it matter if the bag is just a ziplock or does it have to be a freezer bag?

6. needtohatch

needtohatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    I would think a reg bag would be ok, but not sure. Might need freezer bag though since it wont let as much moisture through. [​IMG] As far as temp goes I don't know other that to check it against one you know it right. Maybe someone else will know. [​IMG]

7. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    well its been in the bag for 2 hours and 23 mins and its reading about 79. 8 hours will be 4a.m but ill be in the bed so it will have to sort for 12 hours atleast. I guess i shall see.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by