Best Mite/Lice/Fly/Deworming Products TSC

Robind15

Chirping
Jul 20, 2021
Central Florida
Anyone have any good recommendations from TSC or at home remedies? I currently give my chickens Dawn soap baths IF I feel a Mite/Lice situation happening. I spray scrub and wash the coop the feeders and waters with diluted Dawn soap. I mix Diatomaceous Earth with play sand in a tire for their dust baths. I put Strike 3 in their feed to deworm.

Screenshot_20210728-123305.png

Anyone have any good recommendations from TSC or at home remedies? I currently give my chickens Dawn soap baths IF I feel a Mite/Lice situation happening. I spray scrub and wash the coop the feeders and waters with diluted Dawn soap. I mix Diatomaceous Earth with play sand in a tire for their dust baths. I put Strike 3 in their feed to deworm.
Permethrin spray and dust is by far the best.

I had some birds that I thought were molting but weren't getting their feathers back in. Upon closer inspection I noticed they had mites. Some actually appeared to have lice too. I used some DE because some swear by it. After treating my birds and coops with the DE for a couple of weeks plus, I saw no improvement, in fact they were getting worse. That's when I purchased the premixed permethrin spray and a bottle of the permethrin 10 concentrate. I sprayed my coops thoroughly inside and the birds for about a month every week. I put poultry dust in the nest boxes. The birds started improving. I'm sure if I hadn't treated the birds when I did I may have lost some. Also there is no egg withdrawal period as there is with other products. Again, good luck...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-deworming-products-tsc.1485549/post-24764913

Strike 3 used to be a good wormer. However, the actual "dewormer"
in strike 3, Hygromycin B, was pulled from store shelves due to FDA regulations regarding antibiotics. Hygromycin B is an antibiotic.
Strike 3 is currently not a wormer. I recommend Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer or Safeguard liquid goat wormer to worm your birds.

Back
Top Bottom