Best no pick solution

chickenfever

Songster
11 Years
Jul 22, 2008
Arizona
My chickens are being pecked. Mostly around the neck, one on the back. In some areas the skin is getting pecked a little raw. I have rooster booster, but it doesn't seem seem to be working too well. Does anyone have any better solution ideas. What has worked well for you?

Pine tar worked for me when I had one chick being picked on. It's messy to use but it was well worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
OK, I read up on blue kote. My question is will it also stop them from picking. Or will they still pick because of the color?

Thank you guys, that is why I love this site. I just found blue kote and pine tar through Horselovers.com for pretty cheap, I think I'm going to get both. I would like to stop this before it gets out of control.

Quote:
Do you know where you can get pine tar?

On the can of pine tar it will probably say something about 'not for internal consumption'. Don't worry, they don't eat it. They hate it and run around trying to get it off their beaks.
wink.png

Quote:
Do you know where you can get pine tar?

On the can of pine tar it will probably say something about 'not for internal consumption'. Don't worry, they don't eat it. They hate it and run around trying to get it off their beaks.
wink.png

Perfect!

Back
Top Bottom