best online fertile egg auction site.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wanttobefarmer, Jan 28, 2011.

1. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Hello I've been a member of byc for about a year now. I got an incubator back in october and I love the fertile egg auction that byc has. I've ordered 5 dozen so far. I wanted to know what other sites I can purchase or bid on eggs from. I am just addicted and want to know all of my options. I'm calling on all the hatch addicts to get any feed back. If you could list sitesl that you know of and what your experience was like. Thanks again and if there is already a thread on this sorry.

Example: Back Yard Chickens: I really like the constant large numbers and variety of eggs that are offerred on this egg auction. The people selling on here seem to care about thier reputation and be reliable. I just noticed someone selling wheaten maran eggs and she took about 5 different pictures of the eggs with different light and flash. The difference was amazing and it left you with alot of buyer confidence. I've hatched out frizzles and sizzles so far and I have 10 BCM in the bator now. I will post pics of my frizzle and sizzle hatches later today. Thanks again

2. newham0614

newham0614 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    orange,va
    Ebay is the only one I know of. Most hatcheries have them but they are quite expensive.

3. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

4. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    Ebay sellers sell hatching eggs (some are BYC'ers), I've not ordered from Ebay myself- too much annonimity for me as far as sellers go. Some of the hatcheries will sell hatching eggs. Craigslist will often have local people selling hatching eggs as well.

Hope this helped.

5. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Thanks for the feed back this is great. I am checking some out now.I saw another once called featherauction.com.

6. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Sorry to go off topic, but what are Sizzles? I know what Frizzles are but I've never heard of Sizzles. I'm intrigued...

7. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Quote:Frizzled Silkies. [​IMG]

8. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Frizzled SILKIES?!?! How can you tell with all that fluff? I'm now picturing chickens with little afros! Sounds very cool anyway.

9. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

We sell on Ebay

Steve

10. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    we sell on ebay. if your interested in eggs on ebay, just eamil the seller and asked if if they are a byc member. and ask there code name. if there not on byc, then i would look somewhere else or check there feedback.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by