Best Online Hatcheries? (MyPetChicken?)

chickenbarn-gal

Songster
9 Years
Jun 6, 2010
Michigan
I'm getting baby chicks soon
woot.gif
and I was wondering what the best online hatchery is?
D.gif

(I'm only getting Pullets, so places that can separate the Pullets from Roosters)
thumbsup.gif

Thanks so much!
smile.png

Last edited:
i ordered from chickensforbackyards.com as a 1st time mommy... they were ok, i added more chicks to the order and doing so caused them to "misplace" the order. after some phone tag they bent over backwards to get me my chicks!!! i had 2 not make the trip and one passed over the weekend and they are sending replacements!!! i was shocked!!! for all the ads ive seen for them i was very surprised to see how disorganized they were but i got my chicks and i should get the replacements tomorrow!!! every one is healthy and trying to fly out of the brooder (at 2 weeks old)!!!! good luck w/ yours!!!!
D.gif

I have ordered from McMurray I will not use them again I was not impressed with their chickens at all. We lost a LOT of birds from this order out of 25 ordered we lost 8. I know people do have good luck with them but I just wouldn't do it again.

I have received chickens, ducks, geese, and guineas through Ideal. That is what my local Atwoods store uses. I have had awesome luck with their critters. But, when I went to order they were pretty much out of everything that I wanted.

I ordered from Cackle and for me so far they have been the absolute best. Their birds were just awesome and gorgeous. Customer service was top rate. They were out of a couple of things that I wanted at that time but I dont really fault them for it because these were rarer breeds that I know dont lay a lot. I ordered a lot of bantams and did have a couple die but they had included extras already because the bantams tend to be a little more delicate. I will definitely use them again. Oh Cackle's catalog is just awesome I got a copy of it yesterday.

Thank you so much for your answers, I have bookmarked all the places you have mentioned well about. Thanks!

I was wondering, how do you like MyPetChicken? I was looking into it and it seems nice. ALL answers are much appreciated! For us Chicken lovers, knowing that our chickens come from a good place means the world to us! Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't remember much about it, but... 5 years ago we ordered chicks from Welp. I cannot remember if that was a physical catalog or an online one
gig.gif
But you could check it out.
I just know that they actually gave us more chicks than we paid for as extras.
thumbsup.gif

I have ordered quite a variety of ITEMS from MPC, but never live poultry. Just supplies and gift things and whatnot. Customer service is wonderful.

MPC also has no chickens of its own; that is to say, MyPetChicken gets its live stock (and eggs) from other hatcheries and sources. Nothing wrong with that at all - just know that it is NOT a hatchery.

I'm also a Meyer Hatchery person. Got my first chicks from there and placed a second order the following week. Only lost two and they refunded my money promptly. Don't forget to add in the Meyer Meal Maker to each of your orders if you order from Meyer. You can specify Pullet or Roo and you can also state if you want a layer or a fryer.
smile.png

I ordered 15 bantams from cackle and got 17. They all survived and are healthy and great looking birds. Would def. Order from them again.

Back
Top Bottom