Best online sites to buy a chicken coop!?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AnimalFriend<3, Jan 25, 2011.

1. AnimalFriend<3

AnimalFriend<3 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2011
    I unfortunately don't have the time or ability to make plans for and build my own coop by hand. I am looking for a good coop to buy that comes in a kit. Here is what I would like it to include:

-Enough room for 3-5 chickens
    -Raised off the ground
    -Attached run (big enough to stand in)
    -Easy cleaning
    -Good roosting
    -Enough windows/lighting
    -About 2 nesting boxes

If you know of a site that has what I am looking for please let me know.
    Thanks!![​IMG]

2. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    I haven't bought one online, but I've seen a couple different models at mypetchicken.com that might suit your needs. They look pretty nice. [​IMG]

3. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I ordered mine from Adirondack Storage Barns. I bought the 3 by 4 which will hold 5 hens. I have four in there now and would like to get one more. I didn't go for the wheeled option because I don't move mine around so that will save some money. And ordering it out of state saved me on sales tax although I had to pay for shipping. I called all the places I could find who sold this model and they had the best price and were the nicest to deal with.

I'm in California. There's a dealer about 100 miles from me and he wanted double what Adirondack wanted and they are in NY. Even with the freight charges, Adirondack was cheeper.

Then I hired a fence guy who built a 20' by 12' run that is 7' tall and the hen house sits inside their run. The run is also covered with heavy gague wire and I buried wire around it so they are secure in there. No need to lock them up at night or let them out in the morning.

Take a look at my blog if you want - http://the-spice-girls.blogspot.com/2010/12/cost-of-raising-chickens-getting.html
    I
    detail more on what I spent to get set up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by