1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

best online store for chicken materials (specifically galvanized chicken wire)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by teajayphoto, May 10, 2016.

1. teajayphoto

teajayphoto New Egg

May 10, 2016
    any suggestions are appreciated -

i'd like to get the 3/4 inch mesh for better protection from predators -

2. 0wen

0wen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2016
    Southwest Virginia
    Amazon..

Hard pressed to find cheaper hardware cloth somewhere else than the internet's biggest retailer....

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. OEF5

OEF5 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2016
    Indiana
    x2 It's cheaper than TSC, Rural King, and Lowes. If you have Prime you can't beat free two day shipping either. I've had Prime now for two years and the free shipping alone has paid for the $99 yearly fee just on the 50' roll of hardware cloth I got.

We ordered this for the bottom of our fence on the hardware cloth section:
    http://www.amazon.com/Mat-Midwest-3...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

We got the same wire at Lowes for $34 but it was only 25' I'm not a math wiz by any stretch, but I'm thinking I got a better deal at Amazon [​IMG]

P.S. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  4. Birdydeb

Birdydeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Have to agree. Almost all of my wire has come from Amazon. Right to my door. I think my UPS driver is starting to hate me. LOL The only wire I didn't get from Amazon was the 6' welded wire fencing. That came from TSC on sale. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. 0wen

0wen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2016
    Southwest Virginia
    Mad Midwest wire for me as well. 36" x 100' covered my entire cattle panel coop + front door. By comparison, I needed wire for a quick fix on another project (stupid Bluejays decimating my strawbaerry bed) and I paid $45 for a 25' roll of the same dimension wire at Lowes yesterday...

1 person likes this.
  6. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    I think 1/2" might work better for protection...3/4" I'd be fearful of something reaching through...

Ed

1 person likes this.
  7. Brookliner

Brookliner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern New Hampshire
    I would go with 1/2" also. It will foesure also keep mice out of your feeders.

I will post a picture of my best tool for dealing with hardware cloth.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Walmart online can be very comparable priced to Amazon if you don't have a Prime account using with free shipping to store...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by