Best online store for ordering chicks...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kickin.Cowgirl, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Kickin.Cowgirl

Kickin.Cowgirl Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2011
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm looking at buying some chicks online and I'm wondering if anyone here can suggest the best stores/store online to order from. There are TON...some look good...others look kinda dodgy...I would really appreciate any recommendations. Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

2. Avonlea22

Avonlea22 Jessamine Cottage

Aug 27, 2011
    I was happy with my My Pet Chicken order. My babies are now 4 weeks old and all arrived alive and healthy.

3. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Well how many are you looking to buy? MPC and Chickensforbackyards sell 3 chicks or more

4. Kickin.Cowgirl

Kickin.Cowgirl Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2011
    Cool thanks I will look!~
    Probably 10 or so ... plus I do think I want a rooster as well.. just not sure what breed yet.

5. 2hot2chicken

2hot2chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    I was very happy with Ideal Poultry. I got some very nice quality silkies and brahmas from them and they are very cheap especially for shipping! 1 of the brahmas we got my daughter will even be showing in 4h this spring! If you look at shipping charges MPC is very expensive! Only thing is I recommend calling to order as their website has some glitches when ordering but their customer service was wonderful and they are very helpful. Even if they do not have it listed online as available they may have it so calling to place the order is better this time of year anyway.

Good Luck in whatever you choose.

6. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
  7. Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  8. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Murray Mcmurray, But minimum order is 25.

9. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    I'd pay attention to where the hatchery is geographically relative to your home. Shorter hauls mean less time in transit and less stress on the chicks.

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have ordered from Ideal Poultry (sexed goslings, a pair) and all pullet chicks, from MyPetChicken (pullet chicks) and Metzer Farms (sexed ducklings) and been very happy with all three companies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by