..::..Best Orpington Contest..::.. Ends 1o/01/2o12 ..::..With PRIZE..::..

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by WRVgirl, Sep 18, 2012.

1. WRVgirl

WRVgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2012
    Zone 8a
    Show off your favorite Orpington photo!
    1st place will receive a pencil sketch of your photo [I make no promises that it won't be a stick figure chicken! I'm not the most talented artist, but I do promise to give it my best shot!]
    Picture will be on 8"x10" white paper. Matting & frame NOT INCLUDED.
    All entries must be received by October 1, 2o12. Judging will take a day or two and the winners will be announced in the thread. I will contact the first place winner via PM for shipping information, or, if they are more comfortable, I can upload and email the photo to them where they can print it out at their convenience.

Rules:
    1. Must be of the Orpington family. [Includes Standard, Bantam, Australorps, English & American Varieties]
    2. Please include the following information with your picture. [Name of Chicken, Breed of Chicken, Age of Chicken & Title of photo]
    3. Pictures that do not include the above mentioned information [Rule #2] will not be eligible for judging.

Facts:
    The original Black Orpington was bred by William Cook in 1886 by crossing Minorcas, Langshans and Plymouth Rocks to create a new hybrid bird. Cook selected a black bird that would exhibit well by hiding the dirt and soot of London.[5] The 1905. When the breed was shown in Madison Square Gardens in 1895, its popularity soared.[6] Cook also gave this name to a breed of duck with a similar purpose, but known simply as the Buff Duck in North America.
    The original colors are black, white, buff, blue and splash. Although there are many additional varieties recognized throughout the world, only the original colors are recognized by the American Standard, the Buff being the most common color.[7] In the beginning of the twentieth Century Herman Kuhn of Germany developed a Bantam variety.[8] The Bantam retains the large appearance, but in a smaller size. Like the Standard varieties, there is a large variety of colors in the Bantam version (i.e. black, blue laced, white, buff, red, buff black laced, barred, buff Columbian, and birchen.)[9] The Bantam retains the friendly personality of the Standard breed, and seldom or never flies, so it too makes for a breed for children and backyards.[10]
    Via: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orpington_(chicken)

Example:
    Name of Chicken: Popcorn Chicken
    Breed of Chicken: Standard Buff Orpington
    Age of Chicken: 17 Weeks
    Title of Photo: "What's a girl gotta to do get some mealworms?"

[​IMG]

Good Luck!
    Let's have some FUN!!!!

2. chesterbarton78

chesterbarton78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    England
    [​IMG]
    Name : Buffy
    Breed : standered Buff orpington
    Title :" I can't wait to be famous"

3. Sadly the contest ended 1 year ago =( I am suprised nobody entered, it seems like a great contest! Buffy's very cute/pretty by the way! (she should be famous. lol)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by