best paying animal jobs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by stumble_n_mumble, Oct 13, 2009.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    hey guys i cant seem to find out what are the best paying animal jobs. what ones are better. i cant seem to find any other than a vet. I am willing to go to school but not 8 years lol. so if anyone can help?! i was thinking like DEC officer or something? let me knwo if anyone knows.

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

My cousin is a Vet Tech, and she does really well. The advantage to it is you don't have to set up your practice, so no overhead. You might not make what the vet does, but you also don't have all the bills to pay for the business either.

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I have an Animal Science degree and we had to take an entire class on Jobs in Animal Science (besides vet school).

The best paying job is probably pharmaceutical sales.

Equipment sales
    Working with computer programs to balance pet feeds and livestock feeds
    Slaughterhouses

I'll add more, if they come to mind, it's been over 10 years [​IMG]

4. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    I never make my animals work. It hasnt come to that around here yet.

5. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    thanks for some info i will continue to look everything up. thank you!! i am thinking animal physical therapy. it would be very interesting

7. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Well, as a professional groomer I would say ithis is one but it is a very dirty job. It is very rewarding but can also drive you to tears dealing with some clients. But if you are good and in the right area you can make a good living.

You are better off if you wish to do it to go to one of the top schools. They are costly even the not so good schools are costly. But you can run your own business or get a job anywhere in the country. Ofcourse certain states are better than others.

But right now with the economy the way it is any animal job is going to be very hard to find. Many vets as well as groomers are cutting way back in order to make it. On the grooming side this is weeding out many poor groomers that did not have any training or have other problems.

8. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:me too!! i work part time and feel badly that some of the girls work all day for the same check.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by