Best place to buy call ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cat1994, Dec 8, 2010.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    I just thought I would ask you all what you think is the best place to buy call ducks?

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Are you looking for pet quality or show quality?
    Show quality are best bought from breeders.

3. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Quote:I want grey calls but I would like them to be the same quality as these [​IMG] are these show quality or pet quality? [​IMG]

4. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    there are tons of call ducks for sale at the big poultry shows..... lots to choose from..... pet, breeders, and Show birds
    you can go to www.callducks.org and check out the list of shows and see if any are near you.

5. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    They look pet quality and here's why-their beaks are longer and more slender than SQ. Also, the bodies are racier(longer and thinner) than a SQ bird.
    All Calls are beautiful with wonderful personalities-you'll adore them no matter what.
    Just if you want them to show-the price difference is pretty large.
    You can get pet quality Calls for $10-$15 a bird. SQs...well it just depends-pretty pricey!
    Bear with me one sec and I'll post a pic of my gray call Drake-he's a pet quality.

[​IMG]
    These are all pet quality. The gray drake is the one in the back. He wasn't in his full glorious mallard colors at this time-he was pretty young.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  6. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Oh ok then I want pet quality [​IMG] all the calls in the pics so far look fine to me, and very cute, the resone I really want calls is for their lil sizes [​IMG] but what do breeder calls look like?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  7. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    I really only have what I consider PQs and SQs, but here is a picture of one of my SQ White hens. Isn't she cute? Her name is Damsel.
    Call ducks are fantastic pets-really. I guarantee you, they'll be the first to welcome you any time you go outside. Very chatty little things. Mine are like little old gossipy men and women-they always want to be the first to come tell you what's going on. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    A private breeder, absolutely. You'll want to see them in person or at least pictures of the actual ducks you're buying before you buy. If you buy from a private breeder, they are much more likely to have been handled...at least that's how it works around here! You might also have the option of having several to choose from in a group.

Wish I had some grays for you, but I just recently sold the last of what I had in grays from this year.

9. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

GOT Mine from DUCKLUCK !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Quote:Heehee! I love how the gray is checkin' out that pop bottle...I'm so glad you get such a bang out of those guys, you get some great pictures! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by