Best place to buy day old CCX

I can't say if they are the healthiest, but Ideal Poultry will usually run specials on them for very low prices. For instance, right now they are running a typical sale where they are $1.25 each plus shipping (about $17 for 50). So 50 would be about $80 or 100 would be $150 since you wouldn't have the small order charge.

I can't say if they are the healthiest, but Ideal Poultry will usually run specials on them for very low prices. For instance, right now they are running a typical sale where they are $1.25 each plus shipping (about $17 for 50). So 50 would be about $80 or 100 would be $150 since you wouldn't have the small order charge. 

Looks like they only offer straight run... I'm looking to order 50 roos

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen cornish cross sold sexed.

ETA: Well I guess they can be. Murray McMurray has them sexed but then you're going to pay $2.31 a bird. Which comes to $147 with shipping. To me, the Ideal birds are a better deal.

Last edited:
Raised staright run CCX twice last year. To me and everyone else in the family - the roos are better tasting not to mention they get bigger in the same amount of time has hens do. I can special order sexed jumbo CCX from the farm store (Rural King) for the same price as straight run and not have to pay for shipping. I was hoping for a better option than Rural King though.

Last edited:
Raised staright run CCX twice last year. To me and everyone else in the family - the roos are better tasting not to mention they get bigger in the same amount of time has hens do. I can special order sexed jumbo CCX from the farm store (Rural King) for the same price as straight run and not have to pay for shipping. Maybe that's a better option for me? I was hoping for a better option than Rural King though.

What's the price at Rural King?

Generally I would say yes, especially if you are not expected to pay for any that are DOA.

Last edited:
Yup, that sounds like the best deal. Do you know which hatchery they use? Likely they order enough that they are able to get the price really low, since the more you order the cheaper they get. 

I tried to find out which hatchery they use last year but the only information i could get is the hatchery is in Wisconsin.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom