best place to buy guinea keets for cheap

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by lcw1995, Dec 30, 2010.

1. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    i would like a place that ships, were the keets are cheaper than $5 ea. have multiple colors and have a low minimum order.
    ive done a search but couldnt find any below $5 ea.
    so if you guys could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

3. doxies1

doxies1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2010
    West centeral Maryland
    The place to go with out a doubt is Ralph Winters http://www.guineafarm.com/ . If you want colors order ASAP to give Ralph as much heads up as possible. You can also check GFIA to see if anything is available through members of Guinea Fowl International Assocation in a great resource if you have guineas.

4. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    you might list what state your in and a byc member may be able to help you without shipping

5. Mom2boys

Mom2boys New Egg

Mar 20, 2014
    I am also looking to buy guinea keets. I am near Mount Olive, NC. I had Guinea fowl on my Grandfather's property and would love to have them at my home as well. We are planning on converting our chain link dog kennel into a coop for them. Any advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

6. mommaguinea

mommaguinea Chillin' With My Peeps

Sometimes your local feed store will get in keets - Not sure if they are in your area, but Tractor Supply or Southern States!

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  7. TickedOff

TickedOff New Egg

Apr 8, 2014
    Chatham County, NC
    I'm in Chatham County, NC and looking for Guinea hens for two acres of land. I don't know how many I would need to handle ticks.

8. mommaguinea

mommaguinea Chillin' With My Peeps

Two acres can handle quite a few, but always allow for predation. can I suggest you start with 12? The problem you will have is getting just 12 as babies need at 20 to 25 for body heat to ship. Sometimes local feed stores will get them in or you can hatch your own, buying fertile eggs. I am taking orders and waiting for our girls to have "spring fever" here in Maryland! See my posting above if you have interest.
    Jean

9. Danny Townsend

Danny Townsend New Egg

Dec 28, 2014
    All Buy-Sell-Trade posts must be placed in the proper section, the Buy Sell Trade section.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
  10. GuineaFowling

GuineaFowling Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2013
    Central California
    The lowest I have seen guineas go for is 4 dollars. I hadnt realized hatcheries have them for less but then again the min order is usually 25 keets. My feed store sells their keets for 6 dollars each now. They used to be five dollars. I think its best to buy local even though they cost a little more because if you calculate shipping costs its generally more expensive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by