Best place to buy hatching eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Whitehouse Quail, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Besides BYC of course. [​IMG]

What are the main egg auction sites? Thanks!

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Ummm... I've had good luck on eBay! I just make sure the seller has great feedback, and has been selling eggs on eBay for a good long time.

Every day I go look for "chicken hatching eggs" on eBay, after I've looked through the offerings in BYC's BSA section. (I've gotten eggs from both, prefer BYC, but have purchased plenty on eBay.)

3. kulangi

kulangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Greyeyes,
    Who is the seller that you buy from ebay? I had a bad experience buying fertile eggs from Ebay. I ordered one dozen of each RIR and Dominique eggs and I didn't even hatch one.

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I've had good luck from e-bay eggs, but have had more bad luck.

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I use Ovabid.com and FeatherAuction.com to list eggs on.

6. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Alot of breeders are using bidbird.com since eggbid went down the tubes.

Of course, the BEST hatching eggs are the ones that DON'T have to be handled by USPS

7. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    what kind of eggs are you loking for. i have had great succes selling eggs on ebay. i have had two people send me emails that they had 100 percent hatches from eggs i shipped them. hard to belive but thats what they said. all i have right now thats laying good are my sons rhode island red pullets. they started laying two months ago and havent let up. my light brahmas are moulting and are on strike. send me a pm if your intersted in the rir.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by