Best place to by child's dance clothes?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gumpsgirl, Jul 12, 2010.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I know this is odd for a chicken forum, but am wondering if anyone on here has a little girl in dance and if so, where's the best place to buy dance leotards, tights, shoes, etc...

My daughter went to a dance class with her cousin last year and just loved it! So, we are going to try it this year. She is 6 and very excited! I just am clueless after having 4 boys on where to get the best deal on dance clothes. I am trying E-bay but am getting more aggravated then what it's worth at this point (I'm sick of playing the "I'm going to outbid you" game), so I thought I'd see if my chicken buddies could point me in a good direction. [​IMG]

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I have come across a lot of new looking dance/gym type cloths at resale shops. I would hit those places first before paying full price at a retail store.

3. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I don't have a favorite site but honestly I just type in discount dancewear and start rummaging through who has what on clearance. Then I stock up. Sometimes I even buy a couple in larger sizes to grow into. Sometimes our dance teacher puts in a large order and we can put ours in with hers. She seems to get better prices. I think she might be buying wholesale though. She does sell shoes so maybe. Just keep checking the clearance areas on the online stores.

4. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Thank you both! I am trying to start shopping now, as I've learned these little clothes are just not cheap. [​IMG]

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    My 4 yo granddaughter is in dance (loves it). Target carries leotards, ballet slippers and tights. Payless carries dance shoes, but they cost quite a bit more than Target. They also have tap shoes. I purchased her tap shoes at a childrens' resale store. For her birthday I found an adorable leotard at Nordstrom Rack for less than half of what a very plain one cost at a dancewear store, less than full price at Target, too. However, before you purchase, make sure her dance school does not require a specific leotard as a uniform.

6. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Thank you all again!

I was able to get a steal of a deal on Ebay yesterday, even after my complaining. [​IMG] I ended up with 7 leotards, half of them have never been worn, for $23! She will definitely be set there! I am going to pick up pink and black skirts for her, then look for tights and shoes. We've been shopping around for bags too and she has picked one out. It's a bit pricey, but her birthday will be here in 2 weeks so we can add that as a gift.

Thanks for the pointers and help! I truly appreciate it! [​IMG]

7. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    my dd recommends dancedistributors.com She says they are a good site that isn't too expensive.

8. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Okay! I will check that out too. Thanks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by