Best place to get a Naked Neck ("Turken")?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by mirandalola, Nov 16, 2016.

1. mirandalola

mirandalola Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2016
    NorthEast Texas, USA
    Bonus points if they actually have some available right now!

2. Fire Ant Farm

Fire Ant Farm Get off my lawn Premium Member

May 5, 2015
    South Texas
    Very happy with the ones I got from Ideal Poultry. Great layers, good size, and very good temperament. They are waitlisted right now until 2017 - but be careful, sometimes if you get on their waitlist, they may be available even sooner than you expect. (That happened to me.)

This is my sweet boy Tank:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Puppy and Sweetie:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Come see us over on the Naked Neck thread - we're a friendly bunch!

Naked Neck/Turken Thread

- Ant Farm

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  3. Fire Ant Farm

May 5, 2015
    South Texas
    I just read your other posts - bummer about your first experiences. My chicks were healthy (one was a weakling and didn't make it, but I think it just hatched that way). If you are in Texas (seemed like you are), you can actually drive to Ideal to pick up the chicks depending on your location). That's what I did - saved the shipping stress. (You can also get fewer chicks if you want, compared to their shipping minimums.)

- Ant Farm

4. mirandalola

mirandalola Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2016
    NorthEast Texas, USA
    Thank you! I'll add myself to their waitlist, but it probably won't be worth it to me to make a road trip down there. As you know, just because we live in the same state doesn't mean we can easily visit each other, if that state is Texas! Their farm is a 5-hour drive for me and I've got 4.5 kids!

5. Fire Ant Farm

May 5, 2015
    South Texas
    Oh, I TOTALLY understand. You can just have them shipped - I just didn't know how close you might be to Cameron. It was 3 hours one way for me - I decided to make the drive, but it was tight and I almost didn't make it before they closed! (I took a half day off of work - next time if I drive, I'll just have to take the whole day).

But yes, they are very good Naked Necks, in my experience (and that of others).

- Ant Farm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by