Best place to get chicken wire?

JustMandy

Songster
9 Years
Mar 2, 2010
Or poultry netting or hardwear cloth...I'm looking for the best price.

We are trying to use as much reclaimed/recycled materials for out coop/run as possible. I'm guessing the chicken wire will have to be new, no?

What's the best price you've ever seen?

Try checking the Stucco area at your local home depot or lowes. You can buy a giant roll of the "stucco mesh" which looks exactly the same as chicken wire for waaay cheaper. I got a 150ft roll for 45$, whereas the stuff labeled "chicken wire" was 15$ for 20ft.

I'm going to be mean, sorry.

Dont get chicken wore AT ALL. Predators can untangle it and unravel it and chew through it. Use Hardware Cloth.

welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
i suppose that depends on what your useing it for.

we use a bunch to keep the chickens out of the strawberries when they are putting out fruit. then move it to around the tomato's when they are putting out fruit. We use ~100' of it to do that. no reason why it has to be predator proof for that job.

or building a brooder in the garage/barn. again just to keep people separated thats all you need.

Is your coupe going to be inside a electro-net setup or otherwise heavy fence? if so then again the need for super heavy duty predator proof isnt required.

I got hardware mesh at OSH and HomeDepot. At Home Depot you could buy rolls. At OSH, you could get rolls or buy it by the foot.

We live in an old neighborhood in the city. We don't have a lot of preditors. I've had an open compost bin for several years and have never had a racoon, possum or snake. Occasonally I'll see a hawk in the area and there are some cats in the neighborhood so I'll be putting something along the top.

Thanks for the tips (even the mean ones
wink.png
)

Back
Top Bottom