1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Best Place to Get egg cartons?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by I-Have-Happy-Hens, Jun 25, 2011.

1. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Where is the best/ cheapest place to get egg cartons? we need alot of them we get like 12 eggs a day, we need alot like 100 would be good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy-Hens

2. terimay

terimay Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2011
    I have seen people on craigslist who save their cartons and donate them to people in exchange for some eggs. You might try posting a wanted add, there are a lot of people who would rather save and donate them rather than throw them away.

3. equinelyn

equinelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    I saw some for sale at tractor supply

4. Memphisjourney2seramas

Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    there is a supplier that is on the sponsors link here.

5. 1MrsMagoo

1MrsMagoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    I buy mine in lots of 250 from one of the online places (not sure if it violates forum rules, so won't post which one): I compared prices and went with the least expensive one that offered free shipping. I get the pre-printed paper pulp ones because folks in this area are big into recycling and it isn't legal to sell my eggs in somebody else's cartons here. That brings my current cost to $.35 per carton. One of these days if egg sales continue to be good, I am going to order the 1960 pieces and my per carton cost will drop to $.25 each.
    Other sources: I have seen people selling lots of them on ebay as well. However, be careful to watch your shipping prices because it can run your cost per unit up fast. As a previous poster said as well, I have seen some people list them listed on Craigslist occassionally. Tractor supply does carry them, and I recall them being somewhere over $.40 per piece......like .44-.46 I think.
    If you will be selling the eggs to regular customers you may try a return deposit. I give people a $.25 discount on their next dozen eggs if they bring back the clean carton: If it isn't clean I won't take it back or use it.
    Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by