Best place to get Pet Tags that last...... ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenzoo, Nov 2, 2011.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I had tags made at Jeffers but the engraving wore off after a few months.... not happy. [​IMG] They had better ones before but they must have changed companies or something. Looking for a tag place that has nice deep engraving that will last. any suggestions [​IMG]

2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    I got some brass ones at Petsmart. They had a machine that made them while I waited.

3. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Www.dogtagart.com

I haven't ordered yet coz they are expensive and I just won 2 tags from pikoda. But I've heard grat things about the quality and how long they last.

4. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    http://www.luckypet.com/

They
    are a bit pricey but will last forever. They are laser engraved I believe. Easy to read and NICE. They are the only ones I will buy.

And the jewelry tags are beautiful! All of mine have those.

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

thanks, I'll look into those. I need some that will hold up to outside LGD's. They are rough on them.

6. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'm glad I found this post. The last set we ordered was really poor quality, compared to the ones we used to get a long time ago. I'm going to check these places out! Thanks!

7. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    i ordered mine from the vets office.they had a display on the counter.it might have been Lucky Pets.just make sure you get the metal only tag with the "S" hook and only have the one tag so it doesn't rub.also,the tag is the thick metal kind,not the thin metal like at petsmart.when my catahoula died,i put her tag on my key chain and it is still in great shape after 10 years.

8. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I used to work at a vet and also an animal shelter for a long time. The LuckyPet tags were by far the nicest I ever saw. Get the stainless steel or the jewelry tags. They are thick and HEAVY and the print is very easily readable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I'm not a fan of the dangling type of tag since they can fall off, so I found some that slip on the collar itself and don't come off. They are called Collar Tags .

10. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

They also make a plastic protecter to go over the engraving and also something that slips on the outside edge of the tags. Kinda like the plastic around army dog tags. Both my dogs have them and it seems to last them alot longer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by