Best place to get some Runner ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by javajanie, Jun 28, 2010.

1. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    We might be in the market for a couple soon. So what hatchery has the best quality? I don't want it for show, but I would like one that stands nice and straight! Oh, and is there anyone in the DC/MD/VA metro area that would happen to have some hatching soon?

2. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    The ones I saw from Nellabean in another thread on here look very nice from Metzer. I got mine from Ideal and they are pretty crappy looking Runners, though I love them because they are mine. They just don't stand up like Runners should. If I ever order more I will look into Metzers.

3. javajanie

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    It's hard not to love ducks that you've raised. I've got 2 mutts right now and I wouldn't trade them for purebreds! :)

4. animalloverabh

animalloverabh Allons-y, Alonso

hollereads ( spelt wrong? ) but there season is over i think, but they reopen next year i think

5. Violet22

Violet22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    Central Coast, CA
  6. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    Quote:How many do you want? I just placed an order w/Metzers & they should ship next Tuesday. I placed the minimum order of 10, but could part w/some if you wanted them. Otherwise, 10 it is [​IMG]

7. PriceFamilyFarms

PriceFamilyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Henderson, NC
    keep an eye out on craigslist. You just may find some local and not have to worry about minimums or shipping. If you were to come down to NC there is a member on BYC in Charlotte that usually has some and her's look great. I have 13 of her's right now. I have some runner duck eggs in the incubator right now and might be able to spare a couple.

8. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I ordered mine from Meyer - they are beautiful, healthy, and most have a very upright stance, when they are at attention.

9. Violet22

Violet22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    Central Coast, CA
    With Metzers you can order less than 10, but it costs a little more. I only ordered 6 and they put a little heat pack in with them, and they arrived healthy and happy.

10. javajanie

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    Slackwater, let me try and talk my hubby into two, if that's ok with you. I'm actually in SoMd too, so it's perfect!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by