Best place to purchase egg cartons???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sellersgang, Mar 3, 2009.

1. sellersgang

sellersgang Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2008
    Cleveland, MS
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but i will try. I am looking for a good place to purchase egg cartons for all these wondeful eggs I am getting. Any suggestions?

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

eggcartons.com

3. mjane

mjane Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2009
    I think the best is probally www.eggcartons.com
    You might be able to find some cheap ones on ebay though. You can have your own logo printed on egg cartons.com which is nice but can be a little expensive.

4. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

third vote for eggcartons.com they have all sorts of options.

5. sellersgang

Aug 21, 2008
    Cleveland, MS
    Thanks for your help! I wound up at eggboxes.com because they had FREE shipping. That saved a bunch. Some places the shipping was as much as the dang foam egg cartons.. lol

6. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    Eggcartons.com was the cheapest I found. Seems after you divide it out, eggboxes.com is pretty close to the same price. Ebay actually was more expensive ... USED cartons averaging 35-40 cents each w/shipping.

7. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    I buy all the used ones I need from a local thrift store called Bethesda.
    I pay 1 or 2 cents each.. I buy about a hundred at a time...

8. sellersgang

Aug 21, 2008
    Cleveland, MS
    Quote:I just compared the 2.. eggcartons and eggboxes and as of today for basically the same item, eggboxes is cheaper at 29 cents per 100. Eggcartons came in at 47 cents per 100 by the time I added shipping. Eggboxes had FREE shipping.. yipppeeee..

9. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    I buy mine cheaper than either at a loal feed store..24 for $3.50 or roughly .15 cents each..I was going to order from eggcarton.com but the feedstore is cheaper..Or was [​IMG] I havent bought any in a couple months..Id better pick some up tomorrow when i get feed..[​IMG]

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    You could have family and friends save their egg cartons for you. A freebie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by