Best place to purchase the gqf wafer thermostat

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by muddstopper, Feb 19, 2011.

1. muddstopper

muddstopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Murphy NC
    Prices seem to change all the time, where have you found the best price for a wafer thermostat. Not a waterheater thermo, but a real gqf wafer thermostat.

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
  3. muddstopper

Aug 23, 2008
    Murphy NC
    I build my own solidstate thermostats. I am looking for the complete wafer assembly to use as backups and for a couple of other projects I am working on. I have found the complete assemblies priced anywhere from $19 all the way up to $27. With this much price swing, I am just wondering if someone might have them even cheaper than $19.

4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I paid $9 for mine, but was at a feedstore near me. Have you tried eBay?

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Ive seen them go for as cheap as $6 but here lately I cant find them under $20 before shipping

6. dwdoc

dwdoc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    Seffner, Florida
  7. muddstopper

Aug 23, 2008
    Murphy NC
    The ebay thermostat you linked to is just a regular adjustable thermostat like is found in old fasion space heaters. That ebay price by the way is about double what that particular thermostat can be purchased for at a HVAC supply store. I have found them to have a pretty wide hysterises when it come to regulating temps.

The $6 wafers are just that, wafers only, meant as replacement parts for the complete assembly. I need the complete assembly, including the micro switch like this, http://www.cutlersupply.com/cart/in...ducts_id=211&zenid=ah9hpjudnj4b3lqc1eevjnr9u7, which is $20.15. The same one here, http://www.flemingoutdoors.com/thermostat-wafer-switch-complete.html , is $24.50
    And here, http://dblrsupply.pinnaclecart.com/products/Incubator_Thermostat_Switch-561-668.html, it is $25.99

As you can see, there are pretty big price swings for the same piece at different retailers. I am just wondering if maybe someone might sell the complete assembly even cheaper than the $20.15 one I linked to.

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

No, I bought a hole assembly last year for $6 on sell. But this year $20 is as cheep as I have seen.

9. muddstopper

Aug 23, 2008
    Murphy NC
    Quote:I wish you had bought several last year, then you could have sold me your spares [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by