Best places to stock up wholesale??? we need to economize fast

I too buy some bulk foods from our Amish bulk food store..mostly flour (seal of minnesota is good bread flour) but be careful some things there is higher than wally..i.e. sugar..I do get my canning lids there $1.05 a doz.I also buy a lot of my produce for canning from them.. most times very cheap.

Check for bakery wholesalers for the bulk items, if you can't fine those, Sams or Costco have decent prices on bulk items.

Bartering is always good. I've traded rabbits for hatching eggs, day-old quail for homegrown processed chicken, rabbit for local honey, eggs for bread, etc.

Quote:
I laughed out loud at that one.
gig.gif

I have started making my own bread. I never thought I would have the time, I like kneading the dough, but for daily bread, I use the bread machine or my kitchen center to do the kneading, and then bake it in the oven. I didn't like the way the bread machine bread turned out. I haven't bought a loaf of bread in months. We are trying to find a source for whole grains to grind out own flour and cornmeal.

Last edited:
I agree on Sam's club for 50bags of flour, sugar, rice, beans, pastas, 6lb cans of tomatoes are $3 there but... you need to have a card or a buddy with a card. My other peeve with them is they don't take EBT cards, even though walmart does, think of how much further the funds would streach for people who really need the help there.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom