Best Poultry Magazine

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jjdward, Apr 16, 2011.

1. jjdward

jjdward How bout them DAWGS!

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    I was wondering what would be the best magazine to subscribe to for the average chicken farmer, and I use the term "farmer" loosely!!!! lol I know of a few but I thought I would get a few different opinions before I spent the money. I have around 20 birds, all chickens but I may be looking in to getting some ducks and geese, maybe even some turkeys, who knows!!!! lol
    Any input would be great!!!!! [​IMG]

2. GlitterBug

GlitterBug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    I personally like "BackYard Poultry" magazine. I always find things in there that help me out with my own "chicken farming." (If you could call it that!)

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    For the most part the Poultry Press is the benchmark for fowl, this publication tends to lean/cater to the more knowledgable chicken breeder/show enthuisist. Now there are many other publications out there that cater more to the whole trendy/faddish type urban backyard folks with itty bitty toy house coops and who are mainly into cuteness and having fresh eggs to eat. either way their out there for your choosing.

AL

4. jjdward

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    Quote:Yeah, I guess i'm kinda in between. I don't think I'll ever have show birds, but I'm not into the "trendy" or "urban"part. lol I have a general knowledge base, but as with anything, there is always more I could learn.

5. jjdward

May 4, 2009
    Buchanan, Georgia
    I guess when I sit and think of it, I only know of one, Backyard Poultry!!! lol It seems like I have heard of poultry press, but I'm not sure. Sometimes I'm such an idiot!!!!! lol

6. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:Naw.... your fine....................... The poultry press is a great source for advertisments for many things, like breeders, supplies, books, and there isn't better source for in depth articles that don't focus on house chickens and hen apron's LOL.

AL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by