Best Poultry Show?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by stoneunhenged, Sep 6, 2010.

1. stoneunhenged

stoneunhenged Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    USA
    What is considered to be the largest and most prestigious poultry show in America?

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    The Ohio National.

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    The Cross Roads at Indy.

4. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Ohio Nationals is an every year occasion in November, in Columbus, OH.

Crossroads of America Show is every few years in Indianapolis, IN. The last year it was held was 2006, one week after the ON. Next show date for the COA is 2011. It is larger than the ON, but the ON is quite impressive itself with thousands of entries.

That was a great year and a great experience to be able to attend both shows. Those two shows are the Mothers of all shows. I can't wait to attend both again in 2011.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    The Ohio National Poultry Show in Columbus. It's a great show! If you google it, you can find info on it.....it's coming up soon.

6. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    somebody told me nationals are in Oklahoma this year...is that true ? and its ABA is in Ohio this year.

My freinds and neighbors the Faulkner family will be at the Ohio show in November , please stop by and say hello to them..Jackson and Angela and the kids..They are super Nice people..I think they are taking 150 birds that have won at different shows around the east coast. Tell them you know Lynne the australorp lady...They love to talk chicken

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  7. Ryu

Ryu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    The name of the Show is the Ohio National, it doesn't indicate what meets are there--a little confusing. The APA and ABA National meets are placed at different shows around the country so everyone has a chance to attend one that's 'closer' every once in awhile.

Year after year, Ohio National is the best show I've gone to. If I was only able to go to one, it would be Ohio--we made our Hotel reservations this weekend for this year!

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    This is always a good show and it is a national show.

Florida Sunshine Classic
    Jan. 8-9, 2011 (always the second saturday in January)
    Lake City
    Columbia County Fairgrounds
    Norma Padgett
    15930 W State Road 238
    Lake Butler, Florida 32054
    386-496-2561

9. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    The Ohio National may be a big show and is held every year, but when I went last year I wasn't overly impressed with the quality of the birds.

I was imagining seeing all these wonderful birds that us folk out here in the west can't compare to, but what I found was that we have just as good if not better birds out here. It is a big show though in numbers.

I think you will find some nice birds at any APA or ABA sanctioned show no matter where you go.

10. Neil Grassbaugh

Neil Grassbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by