Best price on electric poultry fence................ ?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickenzoo, Jan 22, 2011.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

What is the best place to buy electric poultry fence?

2. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I wanted a fence with a little more strength to it. So we used regular poultry netting with wooden post. We put furring strips along the bottom one about 6" from the ground, then another about 24". I bought a fencer at TSC for $45. Then ran the wire(I think it was $30 and I have a ton left and the insulators were $12) up and down on the furring strips somewhat like the crude drawing below.... Works though...

[​IMG]

3. junglebird

junglebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2010
    Southern Oregon
  4. greenSearcher

greenSearcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    Texoma
    I just bought Premier again, 300 ft. The fence I put up a year ago still confines the girls in the first coop and it still standing after a year of N TX weather. Wind, wind and more wind. I swear we have wind 340 days of the year. Use vinegar to control weeds along the base of the fence. I really like the products from Premier, the cost is reasonable, not the cheapest but the quality is outstanding. Some things such as the Kuhl feeders, and the catch net and some of the "hardware" items cost less than anywhere else. I always look first at Premier before shopping elsewhere.

5. junglebird

junglebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Quote:Straight vinegar or diluted?

6. LaurelRidgeDreams

LaurelRidgeDreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Mountains of NC
    Premier 1 !! I've got several kinds of their electric fencing all over the place, including poultry. We've used their fencing for over 10 years.

7. Country Living Farm

Country Living Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    Has anyone tried this. I was going to put some t-post in the ground, then the yellow insullators on it. Then take some chicken mesh/wire, say 4 foot high and attach it to the insullators. The wire will never touch the t-post. Then run a ground wire for the shock box to the ground as usual and the other wire attatch to the fence. I think it will work. I know I have shocked myself enough on wire when the shock wire touches it.

[​IMG]

8. KathyK

KathyK Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Liberty Hill, TX
    Monkeyingaroundfarm, did you try it? Results? What would you do where the fence touches the ground to avoid grounding out?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by