Best Purchase EVER!!!! (Commence Jealous Rage)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Nov 25, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I had wanted this netbook for MONTHS. My laptop would get to the point where it would connect, then the "slightest" movement would disconnect it. If you even thought about moving, disconnect.

So, I went to the electronics place and inquired. They were sold out. But they had a display!!!!! I begged for the display and the manager came out, knew who I was and sold it to me right there. Mind you, this computer was $298 regularly. It was put on sale today for $199. The manager gave me a 40% off discount because it was a display, but in perfect working order! [​IMG]

So I get it home, ready to connect. I push "Connect" because it's actually picking up my network! [​IMG] Then I get this message "Unable to Connect to Network." I push it again...NADA.

It's not letting me troubleshoot the issue. Wanna know why? APPARENTLY when you purchase a new computer, you have to reset your router or some-such nonsense. I have a Linksys router and called Linksys to get the information. Oh sure...for $30 they'll give me the info. What the heck?!

So, I have a brand new netbook, that is detecting the networks that I need, but no way to connect to it because the stupid router isn't letting me connect to the stupid internet...

On the bright side...I got the netbook for $120! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  2. Joz

Joz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    MidCity, New Orleans
    Have you tried turning the router off/on?

3. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Is it the purple one?

4. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Yep! [​IMG] The Purple one!!!

Or is that a bad thing?

5. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:I just remembered reading that you wanted the purple one for Christmas, and I was wondering if you got it. [​IMG]

I'm sure you'll be able to work out the problem, I wouldn't think it would be too hard.

6. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Blech, laptops! My mom has one and that thing is terrible! It randomely clicks in various places and scrolls when I don't want it to, one time it even deleted a big chunk of what I was writing! [​IMG] Now I use our main computer. [​IMG]

Sorry you have a bad laptop as well. [​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Yes! [​IMG] I was afraid you had heard some problems with it. I couldn't resist at that price ya know? Plus, nobody was actually going to get it for me! lol! Now it's just to figure out why it the router won't let me connect...

They said that there are some "steps" I have to take...but why can a computer with Ubuntu run with it and my Windows 7 starter not???

And if I have to speak to one more person over the phone that will not let me finish my sentence and that apparently does NOT speak English as a first language again tonight...there may be issues.

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm completely computer stupid, but I've had to deal with my DH's laptop and his linksys router from time to time, so I've gotten creative.
    On the back of the router there should be a reset button, the kind that's just a little hole and you stick the tip of a pen in. Stick the pen in and count to 30 (or until all the lights on the front of the router light up at once). If that doesn't work, unplug the router from the outlet, wait the thirty seconds and plug back in. Then do the pen in the hole thingie trick.
    This has been my professional computer jerk assistance. No need to thank me. Happy Thanksgiving! [​IMG]

9. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Did you set up a password/ key on the router? you need to set this in the new computer.

10. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! It works!!!! I'm typing on the new netbook! [​IMG]

Thanks gritsar! Guess I owe you $30 of service! [​IMG] Thing is, I made the "secure" connection into unsecured, but...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by