Best roo to keep??

jhd9201

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 20, 2014
KS
I have 3 six mo old roosters, one of which crowed today for first time. He is the meanest, starting fights etc. He is the one I like the least. He will try to peck my hands, face, etc. Anything really. He will chase the kids(3 and 4 yr olds) but I stand my ground and make the girls do the same. Anyway, one of the others is really laid back, shy. Doesn't get I to fights too much, if at all. The middle will, he will challenge the meanest of the 3, almost constantly it seems. Lol my question is which one is the one I should keep?

Eliminate the human aggressive cockerel, and then evaluate the behavior of the other two. Their personalities may change once the aggressive cockerel is gone.

Eliminate the human aggressive cockerel, and then evaluate the behavior of the other two. Their personalities may change once the aggressive cockerel is gone.
This. Never, ever keep a bird that's aggressive to your littles. Kiddo eyeballs are irreplaceable, roosters are a dime a dozen.

I absolutely agree with the answers above.

Get rid of that one, wait a while and see what happens.. then pick one. With kids involved would go ahead with the non-aggressive one.

You might hear aggressive roosters are more fertile- not true. Ignore that if it happens to come up.

Back
Top Bottom