1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Best Shipping Service?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Picco, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    What company have you found to provide the safest shipping? Do they allow for insurance on eggs?

USPS?

UPS?

FedEx?

DHL?

2. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I "Had" good shipping with USPS. My packages got to where they was going in about 2 days. Till my last shipment when they sent it to where it was going and then sent it back halfway to me and then back to where it was going so I dont understand that but made my shipment 6 days late. I have heard UPS is really good for shipments but I can't say much on that because I have not used UPS.

3. ShadyGlade

ShadyGlade Chillin' With My Peeps

UPS will not ship eggs if you tell them there are eggs in the box.

4. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Really? But I have heard of somone sending eggs through UPS not sure if they told them or not but that they did. I wonder why UPS wouldn't ship eggs?

5. ShadyGlade

ShadyGlade Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh I know from personal experience IT CAN BE DONE. You just don't want to tell them you are shipping eggs.

6. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    oh ok...Do they not like to ship eggs?

7. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    If you are shipping priority via USPS , it's FedEX. They do all the shipping for USPS.

Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by