Best sign

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bluegem, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Bluegem

Bluegem Out Of The Brooder

Has anyone else seen those houses with the funny signs on the front gate? We went to get some more chickens once and got told to ignore the sign, it read something like " Quarantine area autherised personel only" the lady living there said that because of were she lived people would frequently pull up in her front yard wanting to camp there but since the sign went up she hasn't had many visitors at all even the johovas just left a note in her letter box.

My Mum was sick of people coming in to buy birds off her and bringing their ferrel kids with them so she was thinking of putting a cage out the front with a sign saying "Please deposit ferrel kids here" she hasn't done it yet but she'll probably get some very strange looks if she does.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Best sign I ever saw:

Children left unattended will be given a cup of expresso and a free puppy!

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I'm going to make one on the router table this fall. Welcome to the Funny Farm.....

My other fav is painted on a rock by my moms front door:

I child proofed my house but they still get in.

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    On my front window, "Jesus is not a vaccumm, please stop selling him door to door"

I live with a mile of 3 churches, all of whom send out people to the neighborhood, we getting 2-3 door ringers a month while I'm sleeping in was common.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I always like the ones that say "My (insert type of animal) can make it to the gate in 3 seconds, can YOU?" Those sure keep ME out! [​IMG]

6. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Tresspassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again.

7. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    I live with a mile of 3 churches, all of whom send out people to the neighborhood, we getting 2-3 door ringers a month while I'm sleeping in was common.

When I was in college, we got the god squads 2-3 times a day some saturday mornings. I had a house-mate who was a huge, bearded fellow. He used to like to tell them he was a druid, and would ask their opinions on whether human sacrifice was "out dated", even if one only used criminals. He would sometimes put on his "Ren Fest" cape and answer the door with this odd-looking twisted staff in hand ... He'd invite them in for coffee, beer or mead, and they'd always politely excuse themselves. I think eventually they all learned to avoid the house entirely.​

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  8. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:When I was in college, we got the god squads 2-3 times a day some saturday mornings. I had a house-mate who was a huge, bearded fellow. He used to like to tell them he was a druid, and would ask their opinions on whether human sacrifice was "out dated", even if one only used criminals. He would sometimes put on his "Ren Fest" cape and answer the door with this odd-looking twisted staff in hand ... He'd invite them in for coffee, beer or mead, and they'd always politely excuse themselves. I think eventually they all learned to avoid the house entirely.

My other thought was hanging up a penticale with "I won't tell your kids about my religion, if you stop trying to tell mine about yours". I have been known to answer the doors with my throwing knives strapped on (I throw competitivly).

9. Bluegem

Bluegem Out Of The Brooder

I'm all for people following their religions and all that but it does get a bit much when your trying to have a bit of a sleep in and there they are knocking at your door but when we had a rottweiler/ridgeback/pitbull cross dog (total pussycat) they seemed to stear clear of our house. Then when they did come in Dad would stand in the front yard talking and offering them tea or coffee, they never accepted but that may have something to do with the fact that Dad does look a little like Hagrid from Harry Potter.

My older brother's worse he stands there and talks to them and asks questions as though he's really interested and then they come back with more flyers and little booklets and stuff.

There was sign on the side of the road one of the ones that usually have something like "slow down road works ahead" or whatever but this one just said " Ha Ha you're gonna be late for work".

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  10. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Quote:I bought this sign for my husband, but he refuses to put it up because when we have to actually do what the sign says, he's worried we'll be held liable.

MANnnnnnnn..... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by