1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

best silkie breed

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by chickenman7, May 20, 2008.

1. chickenman7

chickenman7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    TX
    what do people like the best?

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    you mean what color? i prefer the lavenders, but their hard to find or sold out... i also like the traditional white.

Hannah

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I love buff.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  4. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I like the 'cuckoo partridge' it is basically crele.

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    probably the most common color is white. The ones people pay most for are from show lines, all colors. The ones people love the most are the ones they have. They are wonderful sweet little birds that earn their keep ten times over by brooding anything you put under them. They are like perpetual children and require extra care and protection because they are so good natured and their feathers make it hard for them to see trouble for what it is. I have white, very common, plain, small topknot whites and am waiting for some buff eggs, Hat Trick breeding, hoping for the best. They might get here tomorrow. I have broodies already setting, just waiting for these eggs to get here! Plus I am getting some of the white midget turkey eggs too. Curiosity just got the best of me, what can I say?... wait, what was the question?

6. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I definately like black the best, although I can't wait to start breeding my lavenders.....but I also like grey, and blue, and cuckoo, and splash.......

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  7. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I like the bearded buffs and reds. They are dreamy![​IMG]

8. BeckyBird

BeckyBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    I like white, and any shade of gray.

9. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I like the Blues and traditional whites, they are all so cute though. I have 2 babies at the moment and they are MEAN! I thought silkies are supposed to be sweet? They are about 4 wks old and like to grab the other chicks by their feet and drag them around! I guess I got the "mean" strand.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by