Best Standard

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ellenaspen, Feb 6, 2011.

1. ellenaspen

ellenaspen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2011
    [​IMG] My new incubator is on the way...I am going to incubate my first batch when it arrives. I would like a colorful basket. I am thinking of ordering "Our Best Standard Assortment" from My Pet Chicken. Below is what they state that you may get from that order. What do you think?

This is a fabulous offering and a great value for the incubating enthusiast! Your purchase will include the eggs of at least 4 different large fowl standard breeds, with a beautiful selection of different-colored eggs (in other words, you won't get just brown or white eggs). Your purchase may include any of the following varieties:

Extremely rare breeds: White Empordanesa, Partridge Penedesenca, Wheaten Penedesenca, Black Copper Marans, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Blue Orpington, Light Sussex, Tolbunt Polish

Rare breeds: Blue Ameraucana, Golden Lakenvelder, Appenzeller Spitzhauben, Blue Sumatra, Barnevelder, Wheaten Ameraucana, (Mahogany/SQ) Rhode Island Red, Black Ameraucana

Marans: Blue Copper, Blue Birchen, Blue Splash, White, Wheaten, Golden Cuckoo

Hamburgs: Golden Spangled, Blue, Golden Penciled, Silver Spangled

Others: Blue Andalusian, Blue Orpington, Buff Orpington, Black Orpington, Lavender Orpington, Lavender Splash Orpington
    Colored eggs are always a more brilliant color early every laying season, and slowly fade as the season progresses.

Week of February 28
    Week of March 7
    Week of March 14
    Week of March 21
    Week of March 28
    Week of April 4
    Week of April 11
    Week of April 18

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Sounds good BUT... have you checked out the BST hatching eggs section?

There are some really smoking deals there with some great variety available.

Also there are breeders like 'bargain' that if you contact she can set you up with a variety and she has some real quality birds.

Good luck!

3. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

They do NOT offer Tolbunt Polish eggs, and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Black Copper Marans, nor Blue Orpingtons are extremely rare.

Not meaning to make fun of you, no, just saying that hatcheries, wow, can say anything now can't they. . .

As said previously, it is far better to get some eggs from BYC people right here. [​IMG] I myself have, and can show with photos and gaurantee, both true, purebred Ameraucanas, Tolbunt Polish, Black Copper Marans, and even Blue Wheaten Marans. [​IMG]

5. ellenaspen

ellenaspen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2011
    Thanks, guys...that gives me something else to think about and research!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by