Best supplier/hatchery for meat birds?

blueeyeskms

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 13, 2013
Waverly, KS
I'm sorry if there is already another similar thread. I've looked and can't find one. I'm wondering which hatchery/supplier is my best bet for meat birds - price-wise and quality? Any recommendations?

I'm sorry if there is already another similar thread. I've looked and can't find one. I'm wondering which hatchery/supplier is my best bet for meat birds - price-wise and quality? Any recommendations?

Search at top for Schlecht Hatcheries. I have and gotton good results.
big_smile.png

I have ordered meat birds from Meyer hatchery in Polk OH for 16 years now and have never had a problem with the birds. Although, I just placed my first order from Welp hatchery for 30 male Cornish rocks for the week of April 7th because Meyer cannot get my meat birds before May 7th. That's too late for me. I went with Welp because they were the next best price at $2.05 ea and free shipping. I sure hope I made a good choice. :fl

I've also gotten meat birds from Meyer hatchery and they were great. My first choice for price and quality is Central hatchery in NE. They've done great every time for me.

Central hatchery does have great prices. The only thing is that .86 cents per bird is for 100 of them and they are straight run. I prefer males only. For orders less than 100, there is a $5.00 charge plus shipping and there is a 50 chick minimum. I wish I had a barn big enough for that many.

Thank you. I have been looking at Central Hatchery as well. Just don't know how I feel about ordering the straight run. Also would have to find someone else to go in on the order because I cannot do 100 birds.

We just got 26 (ordered 25) cocks from Welp hatchery. They seem good so far we did lose 4 but now the rest have been doing really good, we just picked up so straight run broilers at rural king to fill in. this is the first batch we ordered by mail, we also got 12 black sex link girls and they are doing great and no losses. I do like that Welp has really great service and they people seem really happy and nice! The cocks are 2.05 shipping included, and a min of 25 birds
smile.png

Last edited:
I have 10 from TSC that came from Mt Healthy. I only have them since Monday and they are all healthy as can be . My kids swear up and down that the chicks are already twice the size the day we got them.

Back
Top Bottom