1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Best thermometer and hydrometer

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stargzr87, Oct 17, 2015.

1. stargzr87

stargzr87 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2015
    Colorado Springs
    I want to buy a couple of back up thermometer/hydrometers, but want opinions on the best before I buy.

thoughts?

2. Metolious

Metolious Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2015
    I don't have any suggestions but I'd like to know if anyone else does. I've read about sixty or seventy reviews for different ones on Amazon and it seems like there aren't very good options. It seems like most people have 3 of each because no one trusts them and apparently none of them are accurate enough.

3. stargzr87

stargzr87 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2015
    Colorado Springs
    I spent a while reading Amazon reviews too.
    For every good review there was an equally terrible one too.

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I love my Brinsea Spot Checks! They're very accurate. I have one for each of my incubators. I also use their glass medical thermometers as well.

I'm sure they've gotten some bad reviews too, you can't please all the people, all the time, but my hatches have dramatically improved since I started using them!

5. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    I just ordered one of their spot check thermometers. I have 2 digital ones I keep in my incubator but I read that the spot checks are more accurate. I'm going to test the digital ones with it and see how accurate they all are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by