Best Vacuum Sealer

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chicks for better health, May 9, 2008.

1. chicks for better health

chicks for better health Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    I am in the market for a vacuum sealer now that I have broilers. Who makes a good product? Where can I get it for the best price?

Thanks

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I have a Black and Decker that works great

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Don't remember where we got it but we have a Deni Magic vacuum sealer. It works pretty good and we use Food Saver Vacuum bags from BJs.

4. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

I think ours is a Food Saver Plus?? or something similar. Works great. We've still got deer steaks in the freezer from 2006's deer season, and no burn on them at all.

We buy the generic equivilant of the vacuum bags and have the same good results as the brand name.

I think we got ours for about $125 at Sam's Club or Cosco. It even does sauces well.

The large bags will fit a good sized chicken in, no troubles.

Em

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I'll sell you mine. I only used it about 3 times. I can all that I get now. I rarely freeze anything. It's a Rival Seal a Meal

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2008
  6. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Reynolds just came out with a hand-held sealer and the bags to go with it. They close like a regular ziploc bag and then you attach the sealer. It's battery-operated and about $9. It's with all the wraps and bags and foil. My friend says it works great. I have a big one and never use it. Don't have room on my countertop and it's just inconvenient to drag it out every time. I have a coupon for on the Reynolds ones and I'm going to get one the next time I go to Kroger.

7. 2dream

2dream Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Jackson MS
    I have a Food Saver brand. I use it daily. After 2 Seal a Meals gave out in less than 6 months after being used only a few times I decided to buy a better sealer. Like everyone else I do not have a lot of counter top space. When I bought my new Food Saver I made room when I found out you can reseal the mylar potato chip bags with it. I store extra bags of flour, sugar and meal in bags. I also store rice, dried beans, birdseed and anything else I think might get a bug or go stale. I cut my bags larger than needed so I can get what I want out and reseal. My previous units were stored under the counter and it was a chore to get out so I did not use them often. This new one is now a year old and not a day goes by that it does not seal or seal and vaccum something. I found it on sale at Target for 125.00. As much as I use the thing I could have paid full price and still say I got my moneys worth.
    I say if you get one and plan on using it often - get a good one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by