Best veriety in Hatchery EE's!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by yoie, Jun 20, 2011.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I Ok I want to get a group of EE's in the near future for a laying flock and was wondering which hatchery has the most variety as far as color goes? I had ordered from Ideal in February and only ordered 2 EEs and both were the same chipmunky color. I am planning on getting about 10 but don't want them all the same color! I like a variety, considering order 25 to pick through for the different colors. Just wondering what hatchery seemed to have a more varied flock!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Most hatcheries usually have big varieties of EE's, but the more you order the more variety you get. I ordered 5 from Cackle in 2010 and they sent 6 all were whitish color with red (various amounts).

[​IMG]

3. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

draye right In most cases the more you order the more variety you will get.

Here are mine from Ideal (I had another of the yellow/brown hens but she disappeared at about 16wks):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also you might want to checkout the The EE braggers thread!!! ( https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=273489 ) which is all about EEs it might give you some ideas on what colors you might get from different hatcheries.

4. draye

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Quote:Wow! Thatr first hen you have [ictures are the color of mine that I got from Cackle. The amount of orangey/red vary from hen to hen though.

5. fluffychickens

fluffychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Missouri
    I liked MurryMc Murry hatchery EE's I got 1 whitish(?) 1 carmel and 1 silverish hens. Sadly I only have the white one left I sold 1 and one got killed by a dog.

6. MarinMama

MarinMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I ordered 5 from cackle and got 6 all different colors from brownish to gray to black/gold to cream/ gold...lots of variety. My sig has a link to my blog with pics of them.

7. draye

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Quote:Congratulations! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    i only have one, and she turned out beardless and single combed [​IMG]
    as a baby:
    [​IMG]

9. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Your first one is beautiful [​IMG] ! Maybe I will stick with Ideal, I'm thinking of ordering quite a few and picking out ones that catch my eye.

10. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    I received a wonderful selection from Welp hatchery in Iowa Welp does drop ship, so I *think* this batch of chicks actually came from Privett Hatchery in NM) I have one little pullet chick that I have just fallen for, like no other. So much, that even though I'm selling some of my started pullets to cut down on feed (wow, I ordered too many!) I'm tempted to order another 25 EE pullets, just for a slim chance, of getting another like her [​IMG] I'll see if I can attach some pics.

Chloe- such a beautiful, different color/pattern:
    [​IMG]

One of the EE roos:
    [​IMG]

Another EE roo:
    [​IMG]

Have two of these pullets:
    [​IMG]

Another shot with Chloe:
    [​IMG]

I also got two of the normal brown/partridge type color, but was So happy with the variation I received.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by