Best waterer and food bowl ideas for cross beak chicken

Bevhill10

Chirping
Mar 29, 2021
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi Everyone,
I have a 12 week old chicken with a bad cross beak. I use an elevated dog bowl to feed her with and this works fairly well. But I've noticed that she is having trouble with the waterer we have. What are others using? The are they are moving out to the coop in a week or so and I have a hanging bucket with nipples on the bottom, I'm going to start using. But what is working for others with special chickies? I've attached a pic of my girlie.
Thanks,
Bev

Attachments

• IMG_20210426_191627576.jpg
    IMG_20210426_191627576.jpg
    662.8 KB · Views: 84
x2 on a bowl for water. It's inconvenient as the other birds will want to use it over the nipple waterer, but nipples can be tricky for crossbeaked birds to use. I finally got my crossbeak (a pretty mild case) to use a horizontal nipple but it took about 2 weeks of working with her for her to figure out a way to manage it with her beak.

x2 on a bowl for water. It's inconvenient as the other birds will want to use it over the nipple waterer, but nipples can be tricky for crossbeaked birds to use. I finally got my crossbeak (a pretty mild case) to use a horizontal nipple but it took about 2 weeks of working with her for her to figure out a way to manage it with her beak.
x3 on bowl for water

I use low sided cat litter boxes. Just the bottom part. I have 3 of them in the run. Then inside the coop I have the gravity feed water that has the round tray that fills up. I have 2 girls that have cross beaks. We don’t have any issues.

Back
Top Bottom