Best way for introductions??

Discussion in 'Geese' started by AnitaE, Jan 1, 2015.

1. AnitaE

AnitaE Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Jena, Louisiana
    I have 2 of the sweetest sebastopol ganders that were hatched last July.....next week I am driving 7 looooong hours to Texas Hill Country get 2 sebastopol babies(just hatched a couple of days ago) What is the best way to introduce my new babies to my boys? The babies will be in the house at least a couple of months...but will have outside time as weather permits daily...but i'm not sure how to introduce them to my older boys.
    Thanks for any help!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Well most likely your boys will fall in love with them even the ganders have wonderful maternal qualities. so just start by bringing them outside and just let the boys get to know them with you being there of course it won't take long, we brought home 2 goslings at 2 days old last June and I had them inside till they were 3 weeks old but took them out daily so the adoptive parents could meet them They took them them just like they had hatched them. The gander has even been papa goose to Muscovy ducklings here.Since it was summer here when we got our 2 babies I was able to get them outside with the 2 adults at 3 weeks. Hope you'll come and share pics when you get the goslings so we can see.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  3. AnitaE

AnitaE Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Jena, Louisiana
    Thanks for the reply :) My boys are total sweethearts! They really want to Mother(or I guess Daddy?)my chickens...especially my Serama chickens!LOL Which want no part of having a goose daddy! If I could figure out how to share pictures I would show my boys...they are beautiful little pigs right now....they LOVE to find a good mud puddle and play in it :) I see all of these pretty white geese pictures and then there are mine with mud dripping from them!LOL Even when they have a nice clean pool to get in.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Mud puppies, aww you have to show some pics, I'm thinking your boys are going to love your new babies.
    Have you seen this? https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/inserting-pics-in-on-the-new-byc

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by