Best Way To Blow $300 Bucks????

suzettex5

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
California
Whats the best way to blow $300 bucks in one fell swoop? Buying chicks to feed my insane chicken addiction!!

To explain a bit-

I am a huge fan of Jersey Giants, I have a few hatchery layers, but I am most in love with my JG's
I hatched ALL my JGs from eggs I have bought from all over (but ALL from BYCers, cuz, honestly, theyre the BEST!)
In the last few weeks, I have had an unbelievable amount of losses due to coyotes- they havent bugged us in almost 3 years, but within 2 weeks, they have nearly wiped out my flock of Jerseys. I only have a handful left and now I have electric fencing up to keep them safe.

Soooo, I recently sold my old farm truck,which left me with a few extra bucks and I decided, Ah, what the heck! I want some Maria Hall Jersey Chicks- straight from the source! That decision led me to the PO today with my $$ and an envelope being sent to her for an order of 18 B/B/S Jersey chicks!!! Now I cant wait till spring!!! I am SOOOO excited!!!

And there is NO WAY I am telling my hubby about this! I am just gonna keep hatching here at home and pretend like they were just one of the previous hatches, (he never checks my brooder anyways, he's convinced chick dust can kill him or something!!) and slip them in when they get here.

Yep- I'm nuts, but I'm smiling!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom