Best way to clean wood laminate floors?

We also have laminate in the entire house, love it. I use a $9 Eureka sweeper broom, then use my swiffer wet jet and the cleaning solution for laminate floors. I am thinking about switching to the new one out that has a washable pad and you mix your own solution. If I want them really clean, I use my Shark Steam Mop, it does a great job. We have 5 dogs, and I am in and out all day.

First of all,quit using vinegar!!!!!!!!I do this for a living and I constantly see people who have RUINED their floors by using too much vinegar.It is an acid,you know and it does nothing to remove dirt.The mop you are using is great,just use a SMALL drop of dawn dishsoap in a bucket of water and wring the mop out well before mopping your floor.You will be shocked to see the dirt that will come up.The dinginess you see is a built-up of dirt.

I love Mr Clean with frebreeze) for my tile floors......probally not the same thing though. I would go with the above poster (sounds like he/she knows what she is talking about)
I never had any luck with vinegar either.

Please clairify something because how it's cleaned depends on what product you actually have. There is really no such thing as a flooring called "wood laminate".

There is Engineered Wood, which is several layers of wood with a good wood put on top. This is basically very high grade plywood but it's still a wood floor and should be cleaned with a product made for wood floors. Do you know what finish is on it? Was it pre-finished or was it sanded and finished after installation? If factory finished, clean it with what the manufacture recommends or you wil void your warranty.

Also there is a Laminate floor, which is NOT real wood, its a photo of wood printed on the back of a piece of plastic and laminated onto a core material. This product is normally NOT safe for moisture. Getting it damp will cause it to swell and ruin it. Be VERY careful cleaning it if this is what you have.

BONA Floor Cleaner. Vacuum wood floor first, don't sweep, then spray the floor with the spray bottle and they have a special terry type cover for the mop end, flat like swiffer.
Costco has it. I find it at Flooring Stores, or on line. Human, animal and house friendly. Google it and then see where you can get it locally. VERY EASY. Very popular with the guys who finish the floors and the pre-finished floors.

Back
Top Bottom