• Broom stick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snapped neck

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

maxi&les2017

In the Brooder
Nov 6, 2017
So still new to chickens we now had 19 now 18 one of our girls was sick after 7 days of healing in the end we had to cull !(out first cull ) !! Now we snapped her neck but it did not go a smoothly as we had hoped as am finding out I can't get a stun gun :/ I have looked everywhere I find this would be better for us to use if not that a air rifle? Are we aloud to cull this way or is there laws on this ?? Thanks in advance

So still new to chickens we now had 19 now 18 one of our girls was sick after 7 days of healing in the end we had to cull !(out first cull ) !! Now we snapped her neck but it did not go a smoothly as we had hoped as am finding out I can't get a stun gun :/ I have looked everywhere I find this would be better for us to use if not that a air rifle? Are we aloud to cull this way or is there laws on this ?? Thanks in advance

I personally wouldn't go with any of these. My first cull I tried broom stick... i felt it didn't go well but... she died quickly.

I wouldn't feel confident breaking their neck strength wise. I saw my dad do it once when I was little.

and gun is kinda over kill but if it's allowed then maybe - I've never fired a gun though.

I would go with cutting their throat. it works. though instructional info is hard to find online. an experienced assistant would be best the first few times it was needed to be done.

I put down 6-chickens the other day and broke there neck.

Lay chicken on its back, put pole over its head, then as soon as you pull put both feet on either side of pole and pull up... Chicken dead really fast!

I put down 6-chickens the other day and broke there neck.

Lay chicken on its back, put pole over its head, then as soon as you pull put both feet on either side of pole and pull up... Chicken dead really fast!
I believe you are describing broomstick. i instead promptly forgot exactly what to do once the stick was in place and pulled chicken by legs down. (this was a few years ago.) dont think ill go into more detail...

eta: except to add that this is infact not the proper way.

Back
Top Bottom