Best way to replace floor in incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by call ducks, Jan 19, 2012.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Hey there, my Brower incubator needs to have the floor replace (as well as a good polish, or buff), i am not sure the best way to go ahead with this. I believe this incubator was made by Lheay (sp?) incubators, and rebraneded as a brower (as it is lacking in details). Here's the label:

[​IMG]

here is the damage to the floor (don't worry not going to be hatching anytime soon in the incubator)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

( it also needs to be sanitized as well, but at this point i am not sure if the stains well come out or not)

2. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    Are the lower walls rotting also. If not tear out the plywood floor and cut a piece to match and place it back in. I would seal the floor really good before using it also.

3. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada

Nope, the walls are not rotten. It would be best to do it with red wood right? as that's what the outer of the incubator is made of. (dad's not home, if he was i would ask him).

Also any idea if there is a electronic thermostat that well work with an old incubator?

4. mohillbilly

mohillbilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Poplar Bluff , MO
    if you have redwood yes that would be the best to use after that plywood at least 3/4 inch.
    If it was me working on it I would dismantle and clean the whole incubator then put it back together replacing any areas that needed it.

5. mohillbilly

mohillbilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Poplar Bluff , MO
    Any thermostat for incubators will work in it.you will just have to rewire it, which I would do anyway .

6. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada

What brand do you use? and yes i am thinking it should be rewired.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by