Best way to seperate breeds?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by catsmithpuddin, Apr 14, 2011.

1. catsmithpuddin

catsmithpuddin Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2009
    haughton louisiana
    OK I am at max capacity in the coop and run as it is. 9 birds for 100 sq foot. (ok maybe I could get one more) But the problem is I have 3 ducklings, 4 sexlink, 2 cochin, 3 old english bantums, and 2 mystery white bitties in the brooder. I know I know, we got happy with the bitties........

We are wanting to divide the cochins, old english, the buff orps (which we don't even have yet LOL) and the RIRs to start breeding. I am looking for how you do multiple pens on the cheap and effecent.

My thoughts have gone from something like dog runs to bigger tractors. I am pretty good at scrounging cheap or free stuff but need a plan.

How do you do yours?

BTW I am not scared of ghetto/old school white trash setups. Open to all ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

2. toby1959

toby1959 Out Of The Brooder

Look into the hoop house designs on Plamondon's site. I have 4 of them. They are cheap to build and easy to move. I am getting ready to use a larger one for farrowing pigs.

3. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    I like the dog pen chain link idea.. If you have one or can snag one cheap I think it would be a great option..

If your wanting to build one, I saw this post & loved the one pictured!! If you could get the material collected cheap, I would go for something simular to it [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=274821

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by