Best way to vacuum.....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by itsy, Oct 26, 2011.

1. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    GRRRRRrrrr! We just moved into an awesome new place. I love it, but I'm cleaning like a nut. The previous people who lived here had three dogs and two cats and probably never vacuumed the steps. I just hit it up with my shop vac and I can't get all the hair up. It looks like it's woven into the carpet at this point. I think I'm going to need to try again with my regular house vac, but I don't have a spinning attachment on the handheld part.

Any tips on picking up the hair? I've seen those pet rollers. Maybe I should get one of them or some shirt rollers.

Any tips on sanitizing them? Baking soda? I really hate the perfume carpet cleaners/powders. I have way too sensitive a sense of smell and it drives my allergies nuts. Or...anything you can think of that is a liquid and will evaporate? I'm not opposed to rubbing alcohol! lol.

Good thing the only carpet in the place is on the steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. sulco

sulco Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2011
    Up in da UP, eh!
  3. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I have a brush that is a plasic and its has a bunch of plastic bristles on it and it pulls up hair very nicely. I think i got it at walmart or petsmart. Not sure which.

I have heard of people that make a mixture to get out pee stains and stuff that also takes the smell away. I think it was water with club soda and some laundry detergant.

4. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    A brush is a good idea. I think something bristly would work! [​IMG] TY guys!

5. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I house clean for a living, alot of times after going over stairs with proper vaccuum there is still hair..

So anyways, we just use a damp cotton rag, and rub it across.. Amasing how much hair will come off..

I think the brush would be way better though.. But a few of my "pet people" have "Berber" carpet, so that wouldn't work with the berber..

Congrats on your new place [​IMG]

6. cristina33

cristina33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    ma
    Wear a pair of those yellow rubber gloves run them under the water and wipe the stairs . It gets pet hair of anything ! You have to rinse the hair off the gloves to

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by