Best welcome home present EVER!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by StarLover21, Feb 19, 2012.

1. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    We just got home from being in Houston for a few days. I immediantally went to check the nesting box- and, along with an egg from our layer, there were two little pee-wee brown eggs! One was a light brown, and one was darker with adorable speckles! We let the person who was watching them while we were away gone, and she said that she had gotten more, and they had started on friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE first eggs!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

They're from our two, 24 week old black stars! After my leghorn waited till 33 weeks, I'm so happy they layed this early!!!!! They're definitally from them, and they're definitally from different chickens. So is it normalf or two chickens, who are hatchmates, to lay on the first day?

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're absoltally perfect! [​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats!

3. K-12 Chickens

K-12 Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Congrats!! [​IMG] If two pullets are related to each other I don't think they are going to lay on the same day(it's kind of an erratic thing with first layers), but it would be really neat if they did!

4. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Yeah, it's so awesome they both layed at the same time! However today they BOTH missed.

5. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    Congrats on your chickens laying their 1st eggs.[​IMG]
    I have 5 chickens that were all hatched on the same day. One started to lay eggs and the other 4 didn't lay for another 4 weeks, 3 of them layed their 1st egg on the same day all with in 1 hour of each other and the 5th chicken layed her 1st egg the next day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by